Hello blogger world,
I have always blogged with LiveJournal, but I feel that our community has faded due to recent events. SO, I decided to start fresh with a completely new blog. How does that sound to you? We are going to focus on updates on what is happening in our crazy life, yummy recipes that we try (and like), and I'm sure there will be plenty of updates on our adventures of parenting a puppy.
What's been happening lately? Let's start with Greg! Greg is on a marketing team with some of his classmates called GrandSlam Marketing. They do all kinds of different things for the GSUbaseball team. So, he has been spending WAY more time in Statesboro this semester than he had to last semester. He goes up for baseball games every weekend. What does he do up there? Sometimes he does merchandise, and sometimes he does on-field promotions, and I think today he did public relations (or something like that) for the first time. It has been a lot of work, but he is getting some really great experience.
I've had the flu since Thursday night. BOO! It has been pretty unpleasant. I had to call into work on Friday morning, and I have spent the whole weekend being lazy with the dogs (since Greg has been consumed with baseball games). I love my job, but it is not very fun catching what all the lovely babies bring to school.
Needless to say, I have not been cooking this weekend since I have not been eating anything. BUT, last weekend I was watching Food Network and I saw Giada De Laurentiis, and she was cooking a meal that looked absolutely delicious! It was Penne in Almond Sauce. It was very good, the texture was different, and it was just good to do pasta in a different way! And, it was super easy to make, especially if you use already cooked chicken rather than having to cook it yourself. You should totally check it out, here is a picture of how it turned out:

That's all for now, I better get back to resting on the couch because tomorrow I must return to the crazy babies! We've got to pay the bills somehow :-)
hey annie! i love blogs, and i'm excited to see the recipes for the food you post pictures of on facebook :) hope you get feeling better soon! ~christine
ReplyDeleteSo, I totally commented the other day, but I guess it didn't stick! Hmm. Anyway, I'm glad to get to read your blog once more! I actually forgot about your LiveJournal, but I think you had a lock on it or something anyway. And you BETTER post some recipes--I'm tired of seeing good food come out of your kitchen and not knowing how to make that happen here! LOVE YOU.
ReplyDelete